Tuesday, July 24, 2012

We haven't forgotten you!



I’ve not forgotten all y’all faithful few who diligently read the blog—it’s just been crazy crazy crazy for this li’l unemployed gal.  But I got a few minutes to update you this morning, so here we go!

Nothing new has been added to the shop in over a week, though there are many projects on the horizon. Heidi, the maker of the purses recently added to Wacky Wanita’s, has a couple new items coming, and Janice, who crochets my hats for me, has been working on a design that will fit a smaller head, so that I can sell my flower hats to chilluns, too. I’ve got my “flashcard” greeting set coming soon, and I’m hoping that Deborah, who recently came into quite a hoard of beautiful buttons, will be filling a couple orders I placed with her.



And speaking of buttons, last weekend, my stepmother (fists filled with coupons) invited me to head down to the craft supply store with her, which I was more than pleased to do. What I did not know was that when I arrived at her home, her mother would be there with literally thousands of buttons, old and new alike, that were free for the taking. She scored an amazing deal at a flea market, picked out the pieces she liked, and offered the rest to us. My stepmother picked out the ones that would go best with her purse designs, while I took every gaudy vintage button in the lot. I probably walked away with five hundred buttons. So many possibilities!





So as you can see, Wacky Wanita’s is not a place of still waters. Things are happening. It’s just the calm before the storm, so to speak—but in a really good way!

Can’t wait to post again soon! Meanwhile, if you’ve got that itch, here are a couple shops I found on Etsy that I love:

Plad: hand-carved, earthy, rustic items that are purely for aesthetic appeal: http://www.etsy.com/shop/plad

Depeapa: pen-and-ink original works, applied to everything from T-shirts to felt brooches: http://www.etsy.com/shop/depeapa

FlapperDoodle: 1920's art and stationery by a gal named Kate out in California (I've ordered from her before; I want EVERYTHING in her shop!): http://www.etsy.com/shop/flapperdoodle

Until next time, stay wacky!

Wacky Wanita

1 comment:

  1. I recognize some of those buttons from my own mother's sewing stash. It makes me wonder if her button supply somehow ended up at that flea market!

    ReplyDelete