Monday, October 14, 2013

Tids and Bits

All right. Flog me. I haven't been on in months.

Good news, though. I'm on now!

I'm in the midst of a product photography crash course, which will helpfully lead to a wonderful new look for my store sometime before the end of the winter season. I am not foreseeing a huge holiday rollout, as I had hoped for earlier this year; but one can only take on so much at a single time, and I accept this.

But here's something fun! A couple times a week, I put together a treasury on Etsy, just to keep apprised of what the other businesses are doing, what is in fashion, how items work stylistically with each other from shop to shop--it keeps my creative juices flowing, especially when I'm feeling drained of ideas for my own shop.

Here are a few of my favorites from this year, complete with links, in case you feel inspired to do a little shopping yourself!

"En La Cucina"


This one was inspired from the pie box in the top left corner. What a simple concept, and yet such an enticing idea! The red embellishments for the photograph helped me pull from other shops for a vintage-kitchen feel.

"Breakfast in Bed"

I started this one after seeing the pillowcase displayed in the top right. What a clever concept! The rest of the treasury was birthed from the notion of sleeping in and enjoying the morning--complete with French-press coffee, or, if you prefer, tea!

"Gearing Up for Winter"


No time of year is a bad time of year for a little dose of the Christmas spirit! This collection came to me in bits and pieces. It practically created itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment